wedding name change

After the wedding name change guide

It is your responsibility to make the proper name changes through each agency.
May 30, 2014 | By: The staff

Changing your name is one of the most important things you’ll need to do once you get married. Your new name will need to be updated with all the government agencies. It is your responsibility to make the proper name changes through each agency. You must make the name change as soon as possible after your wedding. Once you’re home from your honeymoon you can begin the process of changing your name. Don’t forget that you may also need to change your address if you’re moving to a new address.

You will need to fill out a name-change application that will be submitted to the registrar of civil status, vital statistics office, court of justice, or ministry of government services, depending on the province or territory where you live. The fee to submit a name change application varies depending on the location. To learn specific information about changing your name in your territory or province visit the local web site.

Social Insurance Number (SIN) – Your SIN card is likely one of the most important documents that you have. It identifies you throughout your life and is used for many things including for employment.

Canada Revenue Agency – This is essential in order to properly credit and debit your tax liabilities.

Health Card – You will need to immediately change your name on your provincial or territorial health card.

Driving License – Change your name on your driving licence. This should be done at the location where you received your licence or at a location close to you.

Credit Cards – You can often change your name on your credit cards by calling the phone number on the back of your card. The procedures for each credit card may vary so you must talk to each bank seperately to determine the procedure. They will issue a new card with your new name on it.

Passport – You will need to apply for a name change on your passport. You will need to complete an application and submit it along with a fee in order to update your passport name. Always make travel arrangements in the name indicated on your passport.

The staff.